Ok - this is not a BI post. I am on vacation this week, and I tried my best not to open email, to no avail. While I am online (at 1:30AM), I might as well post a link to this article by Jakob Nielsen on weblog usability. It lists the top ten mistakes that weblogs and their authors may be guilty of. I think this blog avoids 1, 2, 3, 7, and 8 to some extent; I am not really sure what I can do about 5 and 6 as blogger does not allow me to categorize posts. 4 I shall try and correct. 9 I have no comment about! 10 is something that I have to think about...
Do take the time to read the article; it's short and useful.
1. No Author Biographies
2. No Author Photo
3. Nondescript Posting Titles
4. Links Don't Say Where They Go
5. Classic Hits are Buried
6. The Calendar is the Only Navigation
7. Irregular Publishing Frequency
8. Mixing Topics
9. Forgetting That You Write for Your Future Boss
10. Having a Domain Name Owned by a Weblog Service