- Attend the keynotes and related tracks and sessions.
- Attend the pre-coference x-treme session
- Use the products at the Hands On Labs (HOL)
- Visit the demogrounds and see the product in action; get to talk to people from product management and development; and even get insights and maybe sneak peeks into what really cool enhancements we are building for future releases.
There are clost to 30 tracks and sessions for BI & DW. You search for these tracks at the online catalog. Below are just a few that should be interesting to attend.
- Keynote: Oracle Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing Overview - by Ray Roccaforte.
- Bringing It All Together: Building an Interactive Analytic Dashboard with Oracle Discoverer and Oracle Portal
- Oracle Business Intelligence Discoverer 10g Best Practices
- Adding Data Mining to Extend Your OLAP BI Solution
- Enabling Spatial Intelligence in Your Business Intelligence Solution with Oracle Warehouse Builder, Oracle Discoverer, and Oracle MapViewer
- Oracle Business Intelligence and Peoplesoft Enterprise Performance Management (EPM)
- An Overview of Oracle Business Intelligence Warehouse Builder 10g Release 2 ("Paris")
- Enabling Real-Time Data Warehousing with Oracle Database 10g Release 2 and Oracle Business Intelligence Warehouse Builder 10g Release 2
- Rethinking OLAP: Turbocharge Your Star Schema with Analytic Workspaces
- Rethinking OLAP: Simplicity Meets Power, and Both Win
Discoverer and the rest of Oracle Business Intelligence can be found in the demogrounds with the Fusion Middleware section, along with the other Fusion middleware products like Oracle Application Server 10g, Oracle Collaboration Suite 10g, etc... BI is in section 'C' of the demogrounds. See the floor plan here.
X-TREME - The Pre-conference weekend (Link)
"This exclusive two-day program will consist of highly technical, deep-dive content not typically available in the regular OpenWorld agenda. Oracle experts from applications and technology will be on hand to guide you through a series of intense breakout sessions, and X-Treme hands-on workshops." The Business Intelligence & Data Warehousing shows up as sold out.
Hands On Labs (Link)
These will run at Moscone West, Room 1006.