REDWOOD SHORES, Calif. 29-JAN-2007 05:05 AM Oracle today announced the general availability of Oracle(r) Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition 10g Release 3 (Oracle Business Intelligence Suite EE), a major new release of Oracle's comprehensive, standards-based suite of business intelligence (BI) infrastructure and tools products.The download links do not show up yet, but should do so very soon. When they do, they will be available on the Oracle downloads site.
This latest release of Oracle Business Intelligence EE, a component of Oracle Fusion Middleware, delivers significant new product enhancements to further enable enterprise-wide BI including a number of usability features; tighter integration with Oracle Applications, other components of Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Database products; and even broader "hot-pluggable" support for non-Oracle data sources.
There are over 300 new features in this release, and work on it had been going on for over a year.
From the press release, here is another snippet:
The new release of Oracle Business Intelligence EE delivers pervasive company-wide intelligence with improved usability with over 300 new features including:I have a few posts lined up, and now that the release has gone out the door and out into the whole wide world, I can start blogging about it.
- Data Mart Automation allowing Data Modeling and Creation starting from a Business View and automatically generating the physical data mart structure;
- Enhanced Microsoft Office Integration with enhancements to support output formats, data export, and live interaction with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint;
- Enhanced Performance and Scalability with enhanced clustering, native 64-bit support, a new hypercube infrastructure, multi-pass calculation optimizations and others;
- Improved Data Visualization and End User Personalization with drag and drop layout editing, enhanced presentation variables, financial reporting, customized report subscriptions, and secure search; and,
- Lower Total Cost of Ownership with integration with Oracle Enterprise Manager 10g, enhanced mobile analytics, automated workload management, and security enhancements.