The latest release of Oracle Business Intelligence, 11g (220.127.116.11.0) is now available for download from the Oracle Technology Network (OTN). This is a significant release of Oracle BI and has enhancements across the stack.
A few of the more than 200 enhancements are:
- New visualizations, including the Performance Tile, Waterfall graph, 100 Percent Stacked Bar graph
- A new Visualizations Suggestion Engine
- Breadcrumbs for contextual awareness and navigation.
- Templates support for printing Dashboards
- Ability to freeze headers when navigating long tables or pivots
- Hadoop integration in the BI Server, which can now connect to Apache Hadoop data sources, fire off Hive QL queries across federated data sources.
- Use a new, faceted user interface to search for your web catalog content. Directly launch content with the search criteria passed through as filters/prompts from the search results.
- A model checker to flag off possible errors or warnings in your model. Can also be invoked via the command line, which makes it easy to automate.
- Improved document genration performance in BI Publisher
- A new report wizard in BI Publisher
- Layout editor enhancements and extensions in BI Publisher
- Support for local CSV and XML data sources in BI Publisher
- Create private JDBC connections in BI Publisher
- A new Smart View add-in with support for the BI Presentation catalog
- Embed dashboards, with support for dashboard prompts, and analyses using the Smart View add-in
- Create new analyses using Smart View and save them in your Excel workbook or back to the Presentation Catalog
- Use BI Publisher to directly report against Presentation Catalog subject areas without having to create data models beforehand
- Export dashboards to BI Publisher - the data models, layout, (supported) views and formats are carried over.
- Performance improvements in the Scorecard and Strategy product.
- Improved dashboard prompt support for Scorecards
- And much much more...
A few links are in order now.
- Download the software (after accepting the OTN License Agreement). The software is available for the following platforms:
Windows x86 32 and 64-bits
Linux x86 32 and 64-bits
Sun Solaris x86-64 (64-bit)
- Documentation library
- SRSP (System Requirements and Supported Platforms) for Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition 11gR1 (18.104.22.168.0)
- Get the "Oracle Business Intelligence Developer Client Tools Installer"
- Release Notes
- The Repository Creation Utility is also available from the download page.
Over the coming days and weeks there will be a ton of information put out on this release on the Oracle.com site, and disseminated via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and other channels.
Happy downloading and thank you.
Bangalore, April 2, 2013