Oracle Business Intelligence Discoverer 10.1.2.3 is released in mid March 2008. This is available on base platforms Windows and Solaris. It is also available primary porting platforms (Unix flavors) as well (Linux, HPUX, HPIA). Discoverer 10.1.2.3 is the third production patch in the series of 10.1.2 release train. And the latest patch can be applied over any 10.1.2.x instances, 10.1.2.0.0, 10.1.2.1.0 and 10.1.2.2 releases.
Highlights of Discoverer 10.1.2.3 release
- Discoverer Integration with Oracle BI Publisher
- D4O Enhancements
- Other enhancements
The integration of Discoverer with Oracle BI Publisher (previously known as XML Publisher) was delivered as a one-off patch in 2007, and is more widely available with 10.1.2.3 release.
Oracle BI Publisher is an enterprise reporting solution to author, manage, and deliver all types of highly formatted documents eliminating the need for costly point solutions.
Discoverer integration with Oracle BI publisher has the following benefits
· Rich formatting capabilities
o Use Oracle BI Publisher template builder for Microsoft® Word to use the formatting features of Microsoft Word to format content.
· Rich layout capabilities
o Use Oracle BI Publisher template builder for Microsoft Word to use the layout features of Microsoft Word.
· Multiple templates per Discoverer worksheet
o Layout templates can be built using familiar desktop applications such as Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat®. Oracle BI Publisher plugins are provided to help the report designer to build the layout they want in their favored application.
· View as PDF, RTF, XLS, PPT, XML
o Oracle BI Publisher is able to generate multiple output formats from a single data source and template in multiple formats.
· Schedule and distribute to thousands of users
o Schedule frequency (Once, daily, weekly, immediately) and delivery destinations (Email, FTP, WebDAV, FAX, Printer) can be configured in Oracle BI Publisher.
· Analyze and refresh Discoverer data in Microsoft Excel®
o Relational and OLAP data can be pulled into Excel from multiple data sources for analysis
This integration requires Oracle BI Publisher 10.1.3.3.0 or above. Since Oracle BI Publisher is also available with Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition, version 10.1.3.3.0 of Oracle BI EE can also be used.
More information about Oracle BI Publisher can be found at:
Advanced Calculated Members in Discoverer OLAP
Building on the introduction of calculated members functionality in the 10.1.2.2 release of Discoverer, advanced calculated members can be created with the new calculated member editor in the 10.1.2.3 release.
Easier Sharing of Workbooks
To increase the usability of sharing workbook functionality a share button is provided on the Open workbook catalog dialogue. This benefits from the earlier sharing of workbooks through copying the link in to shared folder.
Support for Offset based calculations
Collpse all , Expand all
- Scrolling behavior in Discoverer Plus 
- To enable selection of Discoverer Viewer data into clipboard
- Defining rows and columns in Discoverer worksheet portlet when called from list of worksheets portlet
- Define amount of databody to show in wide crosstab reports [5117216 ]
- New option to enable page navigation in Discoverer Viewer
Discoverer 10.1.2.3 can be downloaded from metalink
www.metalink.com Patch # 5983622
- Discoverer 10.1.2.3 does not include the cumulative patch releases CP4, CP5 and CP6. Customers are not encouraged to use discoverer 10.1.2.3 if they have applied any of the aforesaid CPs . We are building a combined CP(CP4+CP5+CP6) over 10.1.2.3 and will be released shortly.
- Discoverer for OLAP (D40) is not certified against Oracle 11g database
- Spreadsheet addin not available on Microsoft Windows Vista